So someone tagged me with one of those things going around and it's been clinging to my back like an annoying kick-me sign. This is my effort to get rid of said annoying sign and get myself back into doing a little bit of writing.
I will say that these facts are subject to change especially if I actually write a story or two about her as the ideas will settle in more firmly with writing. Consider this in a bit of a flux-state and subject to change.
1) Cherry-Bomb speaks with a distinctive southern drawl. This is old south plantation type accent from Gone With the Wind or Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday in Tombstone and shouldn't be confused with the modern colloquial speech. In fact, it's her one holdover from her parents and she still harbors a bit of an internal grudge against "redneck" speech and isn't shy chastising anyone with such crude speech. Why this might change: writing this accent would take a fair bit of effort and research on my part to get down right. So it might something that the character grows into over time. If so, this would ultimately be an error on my part for not being as well versed in the character as I should during the initial stages of writing her. I would have to ask the reader's forgiveness on this point.
2) She is a scrapper. She will never back down from a fight that isn't obviously lethal and given her abilities and willingness to take a beating won't happen very often if at all. It's just part of her rough-and-tumble mindset. Don't think that beating her will cause her to back down in the future either. A loss will only drive her to train her fighting skills harder for a rematch.
3) While a talented mixed martial artist, her skill level isn't world-class. Before the incident that gave her her powers, she was a thought of as a good potential talent in MMA but wasn't on the level of someone who could contend for a title. In short, she's no Ronda Rousey.
4) She doesn't have much money. She spent what little savings she had in her move from Alaska to AF and getting settled down in the city. She works odd jobs when she can and will likely wind up as a bouncer in a dive somewhere.
5) SSW may have trouble keeping an outfit intact but it's got nothing on Cherry. The very nature of her powers means that every time she hits someone or gets hit, it literally shreds her outfit as the heat, light, and concussive force blows whatever clothing is on top of the impact site apart. It's even been known to set particularly flammable items on fire. To this point, she learned very quickly to never wear anything made of polyester! Melted plastic just isn't a good look.
6) While never being the type of individual to flaunt her body, she's never been exactly shy either. She wouldn't be caught dead pole-dancing (it's just beneath her) but having her clothing blown apart in a fight doesn't bother her in the least, nor is she likely to cover up or show any signs of modestly after a fight is over. Tall and proud is her motto and this is true win or lose.
7) She is in Angel Falls to test her abilities. She doesn't care if she is testing them against a hero or villain, if she is helping the police or hindering them, if her actions allow a crime to be perpetrated or if she stops one. All she cares about is testing herself. To this end, she will attack literally anyone she deems to be meta-human without pause or remorse. There are a few exceptions to this: 1) She would never knowingly allow a child to come to harm because of this. 2) She won't start a fight with anyone who doesn't appear to have meta-human abilities. This just isn't a fair fight in her eyes and as such is beneath her. That being said, if a normal human starts a fight with her, she won't hesitate to finish it--likely with a submission hold.
8) She hasn't spoken to either of her parents in over five years and has no intention of doing so at any time. She even had her name legally changed. That life is in her past and she wants nothing more to do with it. Even if her parents tracked her down, the memories of her early life are hard enough on her that she wouldn't want anything to do with them.
For those unfamiliar, her official profile: